- someone who reads the lessons in a church service; someone ordained in a minor order of the Roman Catholic Church
- a public lecturer at certain universities
- Caveat lector, of course, so much of this is bound to be wrong. 当然，读者要擦亮眼睛，其中的许多预测可能会出现错误。
- El busca los libros en los estantes y se los trae al lector. 他去书柜里找这些书并将它们拿给读者.
- The Latin Church had long recognized four minor orders (porter, lector, exorcist, acolyte) and four major orders (subdeacon, deacon, priest, bishop). 在拉丁教堂里有四种较低的神职等级：门房，读经人，驱魔师和伺僧；四种高级神职等级：副执事，执事，神父和主教。
- Features: High DC current gain, low saturation voltage，high col lector power dissipation. 特点:高直流电增益,饱和压降低,高集电极耗散功率。
- But Christmas is the season for sharing, so here's my list of predictions for 2009. Caveat lector, of course, so much of this is bound to be wrong. 但圣诞节是分享的季节，因此我也献上对2009年的预测。当然，读者要擦亮眼睛，其中的许多预测可能会出现错误。
- When the lector had finished speaking, tears standing in even his eyes, and the final prayers had been recited, the assembled company left the chapel. 说完了这些话，讲经者含着眼泪，诵读完最后的祈祷，人们纷纷离开教堂。