- the direction in which the wind is blowing
- the side of something that is sheltered from the wind
- on the side away from the wind;
"on the leeward side of the island"
- toward the wind;
"they were sailing leeward"
- Frontal slope is increased in the upward side，but decreased in the leeward side.当冷锋位于迎风坡时,其坡度减小,位于背风坡时,其坡度增大。
- Leeward arterial roads in city can serve as pollute air transpire corridors.污染空气的排放通道宜利用城市中顺风向的较为通直的干道。
- Industrial districts are generally situated to the leeward of the cities.工业区一般都设在城市的下风。