- [U]左边,左侧,左部 left side or region
- [C]左手拳 (in boxing and fist-fighting) (blow given with the) left hand
- [P]左翼,社会主义拥护者 the left wing of a Party or other group;supporters of socialism in general
- [A]左侧的 on the side of the body that contains the heart
- [A]左边的,左面的,左方的 on, by, or in the direction of one's left side
- [P]左翼的,左倾的 belonging to, favouring the Left
- location near or direction toward the left side; i.e. the side to the north when a person or object faces east;
"she stood on the left"
- those who support varying degrees of social or political or economic change designed to promote the public welfare
- the hand that is on the left side of the body;
"jab with your left"
- the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's left;
"the batter flied out to left"
- a turn toward the side of the body that is on the north when the person is facing east;
"take a left at the corner"
- being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the west when facing north;
"my left hand" "left center field" "the left bank of a river is bank on your left side when you are facing downstream"
- not used up;
"leftover meatloaf" "she had a little money left over so she went to a movie" "some odd dollars left" "saved the remaining sandwiches for supper" "unexpended provisions"
- intended for the left hand;
"I rarely lose a left-hand glove"
- of or belonging to the political or intellectual left
- toward or on the left; also used figuratively;
"he looked right and left" "the political party has moved left"
- deliver a left用左拳出击
- keep to the left靠左边走
- make a left向左拐
- take a left向左拐
- throw a left击一左拳
- turn left here由此往左
- turn to the left向左拐
- fast left快速的左拳
- hard left重重的一左拳
- little left在偏左一点
- straight left左直拳
- at the left左边的
- on one's left在某人的左边
- on the left靠左边
- over the left完全相反
- to one's left在某人的左侧
- to the left向左边
- left of party党内左派
- left of the card名片的左边
- left to the head打在头上的左拳
- left arm左臂
- left bank左岸
- left eye左眼
- left field左外场
- left forward左前锋
- left hand左手
- left turn左转
- left wing左翼
- Do you always write left-handed?你一向用左手写字吗?
- He supports the left wing of the Labour Party.他支持工党中的左翼.
- As a result of a serious illness, she couldn't move her left leg.患重病后,她的左腿不能动了。
- Turn left here.这里左转。
- Britain cars are driven on the left.在英国汽车靠左侧行驶。
- She was sitting immediately to my left.她挨着我坐在我的左边。
- Many members of the left have been arrested.许多左派成员被捕。
- He knocked down his opponent with a powerful left.他一记有力的左手拳将对手击倒。
left的基本意思是“左侧的,左边的,左面的,左方的”,在句中常作定语。引申则表示“左翼的,左倾的”,在句中常作表语。 left只有表示“左翼的,左倾的”时,才有比较级和最高级(lefter, leftest或more left, most left)。