- archaic terms for army
- association of ex-servicemen;
"the American Legion"
- a large military unit;
"the French Foreign Legion"
- a vast multitude
- amounting to a large indefinite number;
"numerous times" "the family was numerous" "Palomar's fans are legion"
- Bush spoke to the nation's largest veterans' group, The American Legion.布什总统已经对美国最大的退伍军人团体美国军团发表了讲话。
- Each legion contained between 3000 and 6000 soldiers.每个军团有三千至六千名步兵。
- The varieties of policies are legion.政策的种类是繁多的。
- As for the homeless, their name is legion.至于无家可归的人，那就为数众多了。
- The filmstar has a legion of admires.那个影星有一大群崇拜者。