- [U][C]长,长度,距离 measurement or extent from end to end
- [C]一段,一节 piece of sth
- the linear extent in space from one end to the other; the longest dimension of something that is fixed in place;
"the length of the table was 5 feet"
- continuance in time;
"the ceremony was of short duration" "he complained about the length of time required"
- the property of being the extent of something from beginning to end;
"the editor limited the length of my article to 500 words"
- size of the gap between two places;
"the distance from New York to Chicago" "he determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points"
- a section of something that is long and narrow;
"a length of timber" "a length of tubing"
- go (to) all lengths竭尽全力,全力以赴
- go to the length of走到…的极端
- increase (a) length增加长度
- measure (a) length测量长度
- measure one's length全身跌倒在地
- reach a length of达到…长度
- reduce (a) length减少长度
- win by a length以…之差获胜
- full length全长
- half length一半长
- standard length标准长度
- the same length同样长
- the total length全长
- true length总长
- a boat's length一艘船的长度
- radio wave lengths无线电波长
- along the length of the shore沿着海岸
- at length最后,终于,长时间地,详细地,彻底地
- at arm's length远远地
- at full length极为详细地,全身平直地
- at great length非常详细
- at some length相当详细(地)
- in length长度
- twice the length of(某物的)两倍长
- length of a stick手杖的长度
- length of beach海滩长
- length of cloth一段布料
- length of service服务年限
- length of the exam试卷篇幅
- length of wire一段铁丝
plough the field
- The room is 15 feet in length and 10 feet in breadth.这房间长15英尺，宽10英尺。
- The length of your talk must be at least 10 minutes.你的演讲时间至少要保持在10分钟。
- The pier was lit up along its entire length.整个桥墩从头到尾都沐浴在灯火之中。
- I need a length of wire or string to tie it with.我需要一根铁丝或绳子来捆它。
- The horse won the race by two lengths.那马以两个自首至尾的距离领先赢得该场比赛。
length的基本意思是“长,长度”,可指距离,也可指时间。 length作“一段,一节”解时,是单位词, length of可修饰名词,表示数量,如该名词是可数名词,变复数时length和该名词都要变;如该名词是不可数名词,变复数时只要变length即可。 length前的介词往往可以省略。
误 The lengths of the movie are two hours.
正 The length of the movie is two hours.