- decrease in size, extent, or range;
"The amount of homework decreased towards the end of the semester" "The cabin pressure fell dramatically" "her weight fell to under a hundred pounds" "his voice fell to a whisper"
- make smaller;
"He decreased his staff"
- wear off or die down;
"The pain subsided"
- The Japanese should lessen their working hours.日本人应该减少工作时数。
- We should be able to lessen the damage to the city here.在这里我们必须能够减少对这个城市的损坏。
- This medcine can lessen the pain in no time.这种药可以立刻减轻痛苦。
- Regular exercise can help to lessen the pain.经常运动有助于减轻痛感。
- Coming back here didn't lessen my confusion and pain.回来之后我的困惑和苦恼并没有减轻。